Roulette is a highly popular casino game that has evolved to cater to various platforms and player preferences. Nowadays, roulette is available in different formats, depending on where and how you choose to play. One prevalent option is online roulette, which can be played directly on websites without the need for downloads. Some casinos also offer downloadable versions of the game for offline play. Additionally, mobile versions of roulette have gained popularity, allowing players to enjoy the game on the go.
Among the different variants of roulette, live roulette has emerged as a favorite among players. This version is developed by casino operators and software providers who strive to deliver an immersive gaming experience using cutting-edge technologies. Top online casinos and software providers now offer their own unique versions of live roulette, each featuring a diverse range of features and functionalities. If you’re new to live online roulette, you may find the layout and design to be different from traditional roulette games. However, through this guide, we will explain the game to you, allowing you to appreciate it as the most exciting interpretation of roulette yet. Get ready for an exhilarating experience with live online roulette.
What is Live Roulette?
In a live roulette setting, players are transported to a virtual casino environment that replicates the atmosphere of a traditional brick-and-mortar casino. Casino software providers maintain dedicated studios equipped with casino tables, professional dealers, and other elements commonly found in a casino. The entire casino action takes place in these remote studios, and the proceedings are captured by cameras and streamed directly to players’ devices, ranging from desktop computers to mobile devices. During a live roulette game, an engaging dealer oversees the game and assists players in placing their bets.
How Do I Play Live Roulette?
In the live version of roulette, you will find the standard roulette layout with some variations depending on the game provider. To begin playing, you place your bets on various options such as a specific number (straight-up), a combination of numbers, or even choosing between red or black. Once the bets are placed, the dealer spins the wheel in one direction and releases a ball in the opposite direction. The anticipation builds as the ball rolls around the wheel until it eventually settles on a specific number, determining the winning outcome of the game.
Inside bets are placed in the inner field, encompassing numbers 0 to 36, and you have the choice of five popular betting types:
- Straight: This is a basic bet where you select a single number and place your chip on that specific spot.
- Street: With this bet, you place your chips on a row of three numbers that are in a horizontal line.
- Six Line: The chips are placed on six adjacent numbers, covering two horizontal rows.
- Split: This bet involves placing your chip on the line between two adjacent numbers or boxes.
- Corner: When making this bet, you place your wager on four numbers that form a square on the layout, and the chip is positioned at the intersection of these numbers.
These different types of bets offer players a variety of options to customize their roulette strategy and increase their chances of winning.
When playing live roulette, you have the option to place five different types of outside bets. These include the Dozen bet, Column bet, High or Low bet, Odd or Even bet, and Red or Black bet.
- Dozen Bet: With this bet, you are wagering on a group of 12 numbers that are arranged in three consecutive rows. You can place your chip on the first 12, second 12, or third 12.
- Column Bet: This bet allows you to place your wager on a vertical column of numbers. You can choose to bet on the right, middle, or left column.
- High or Low Bet: When placing a high bet, you predict that the ball will land on numbers 19 to 36. A low bet, on the other hand, covers numbers 1 to 18.
- Odd or Even Bet: This bet involves predicting whether the ball will land on an odd or even number.
- Red or Black Bet: With this bet, you are wagering on the color of the pocket where the ball will come to rest, either red or black.
In addition to the various betting options, playing live roulette also provides the opportunity to explore different game variants. The two most popular versions are American Roulette and European Roulette. Although there may be slight differences in gameplay, both variants follow the same basic principles of the game.
Where Can I Play Live Roulette?
Top-rated casinos now offer live roulette games that are regulated and validated by reputable regulatory commissions. To find the best casinos, we recommend checking out listings of top-rated casino reviews. These websites provide comprehensive ratings and information on the quality of casino services offered. The top casinos that offer live online roulette today are Coral Casino, 888 Casino, Betfred Casino and 7Red Casino.
Top 3 Online Casinos that offer Live Roulette
Bonus: Welcome Bonus package worth up to €1,500 + 100 Bonus spins. 18+. New Players only.
Min. Deposit: €20
Bonus: £20 Welcome Bonus on First Deposit
Min. Deposit: £20
Bonus: 121% Welcome Bonus up to £300. Significant terms: 18+. New players only. Min deposit £10. Bonus funds are 121% up to £300 and separate to Cash funds. 35x bonus wagering requirements apply. Only bonus funds count towards wagering requirement. £5 max. bet with bonus. Bonus funds must be used within 30 days, otherwise any unused shall be removed. Terms Apply. BeGambleAware.org.
Min. Deposit: £10
How Do I Win on Live Roulette?
Both experienced and novice roulette players have access to various systems and strategies, such as the Martingale and Paroli methods. The Martingale strategy suggests doubling your bet after a loss, while the Paroli strategy involves increasing your wager after a win. While these strategies do not guarantee success every time, they can serve as useful guides. It is advisable to try out demo games, some of which are covered on this website. Through free demos, you can test these strategies and determine their effectiveness for yourself.
If you are interested in exploring more advanced roulette systems and strategies that can potentially increase your chances of winning, we have a comprehensive two-part series available. In these articles, we discuss strategies like D’Alembert, Martingale, Fibonacci, and many others. Please feel free to read through the series to learn more.
- Online Roulette Systems and Strategies – Part 1: Know Your Chances of Winning
- Online Roulette Systems and Strategies – Part 2: Increase Your Chances of Winning
Everything Live Casino Related
Now that you’ve gotten this far, don’t surrender! We offer plenty of more comprehensive guides and great content pieces aimed at helping you learn, master and ultimately win in any Live Casino. Browse through all of them:
- An introduction to Live Casino
- The Best Live Casino Games
- Live Blackjack
- Live Casino Hold’em
- Live Baccarat
- Live Caribbean Stud Poker
- Live Dream Catcher